Welcome to Find Familiar!

Hello very first reader(s), and welcome to the first post of my new blog. My name is Jacob, and I wanted a place to "think out loud," as that helps me sort my thoughts. Also venting is a thing sometimes.

Okay, so what's going to be on this blog? Probably a lot of it will be gaming-related; in fact, my first "real" post will be an example of me thinking out loud as I work on developing a fantasy setting for roleplaying games like Dungeons and Dragons. I might sometimes comment on other games I play or otherwise have thoughts about.

I'll probably also sometimes have thoughts to share on game-adjacent topics, like gaming community issues or topics of similar geeky-ness (like sci-fi movies or anime). Don't be surprised if I also occasionally sprinkle in personal topics, thoughts on society at large, or plugs for the creations of people I care about.

Basically, I don't have a long-term plan for the content, I just know I need an outlet for the stuff that rattles around in my head. Maybe I'll just be babbling into the void, or maybe you readers can find something familiar (see what I did there?) that will make it worthwhile to hang around.

Anyway, that's it for the introduction/test post. Stay tuned for a post about Greco-Roman orcs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Newbieville

IRL Loading Screen

DMs Guild Review: The Magician Class